Tuesday 17 March 2015

Process colours experiment


This is a drawing of the Queen found on a £5 note. The guy who ran the "Publication in a day" workshop at UWE liked the juxtaposition between a serious subject matter with felt tip pens. I thought I try to put this into practice for this to see how it would turn out


I tried using process colours (CMYK) to see what affect this would produce and how well it would work with the punk style. It is quite eye catching and the saturated color look art pop-y. (Kind of reminds me of Mariyln Monroe due to the yellow hair)  

I wonder what this would look like if I did a relief or screen printing of this. Try making a half tone of this.

I should try and make remake this several times because with achievement comes hard work, (you're not going to get the best picture the first time round, you need to keep refining it). Also perhaps look at child like drawing tools if you are interested in using felt tips with Punk subculture art.