Monday 23 March 2015

Iconic covers of 1990s


The 1990s was an arena for both Pop and Alternative Rock styles to flourish, it was difficult to make a choice between the two because they are both very different from each other.


Rage against the machine 1992



Features the famous photograph of the Vietnamese Buddhist who set himself as a act of political protest. But it may problematic for my project because its not a illustration, and the use of shock graphics I believe are overused (in social campaigns like quit smoking etc)

Nirvana Nevermind 1991

Also a well recognised album cover of the 90s era.







Spicegirls Spiceworld 1996

On the flip side you had the Spice Girls who had a great success and popularity back in my day (that makes me sound older than I actually am) They are  #7 best selling singles of the 90s (based on MTV)  


I've identified the covers but now need to find out what the subculture is like and how their albulm designs reflect this.