Saturday 26 March 2016

Continuous line drawings of Beatles songs


In this approach I use continuous line to describe what the each of the Beatles tracks would look like. It is like a stream of consciousness in a way. The quality of line changes to how the track gets louder or quieter, or to the rhythm/pace of it.


In fixing a hole, the line looks warped because I felt the song sounded psychedelic and hypnotic. However, this could have been a pre-conception I had about it before I listened to it, therefore this design maybe cliché-d  




I noticed in the song Within You Without you had two distinctive instruments used in it. I tried to devise a key for the middle eastern sound and for the more jingly, high key Asian-like sounds. 


Getting Better is quite a beaty song, I emphasised the louder beats in the chorus by drawing thicker lines. I think it is a more successful design than the previous one because the contrast of the lines makes it look more visually interesting.