Sunday 27 March 2016

Pictorial Designs of "Good Morning"


These series of sketches depict Good Morning as a pictorial Vinyl design. Elements that make up this are loopy lines, dashed lines, curved lines, wavy lines as well as cartoon suns, clouds, stick figures, birds etc. It kind of resembles something you'll find on a plate or something...


After this I questioned "Does this need to be symmetrical?". It doesn't have to be. So I tried doing the same design asymmetrically. It looks like a narrative, like a little story is being told about someone's morning.  


Adding Colour



I was thinking about colour. And if I was going to use colour, then how would I use it? Firstly I tried to do the lines in different colours but this definitely didn't look good as you can see -


I decided to try again but still drawing it in black pen. I chose two simple colours that I thought would represent the theme of a bright sunny morning. I coloured in-between the gaps and this was the result-


I plan to do a few more with a different Beatles song.