Monday 9 January 2017

Compilation of vinyl records


These designs reflect different moods and emotions of music. Each one is similar due to the fact they are discs but they each one varies from one another. Some are geometric circles, some handrawn, and some are angular. The sizes of each one vary in size and some have borders whilst some do not.

They are arranged by style, the first 6 are drawn line and the rest are solid shape negative versions. These are done on Photoshop because Screen-printing is a time consuming process and it takes far too long to do. I can visualize these designs much faster electronically and once I establish a design that works I can produce it in screen as the final finish.

However, maybe they looks too decorative. There’s too many colours and it looks distracting from the detail. What made my designs in the past look good was the quality of line. When you add all these colors, it doesn’t look like that is what it’s about now. I think I could create a separate series that can go alongside the metallic designs.