Tuesday 3 December 2013

Client Project YCA: Splash page


Photoshop Mockup designs

I want to make it vibrant and look aesthetic. The different colors is a continuation of the theme in my main artefact. This helps to establish a consistency throughout the design. The colors are a "key" to the different time periods. The concept for the splash page is

  • Splash page is: EXTERIOR 
  • Main artefact interactive timeline: INTERIOR  

I'm going for contrast and positive and negative space in my splash page.

Photoshop mock-up 1

I like this design far better, the black is a good contrast to the background while being able to see through to the picture of Nottingham Theatre. Notably, the instructions/enter links; I got this idea when I thought about interface design on Flash games. e.g. Neopets. It just makes sense.

Photoshop mock-up 3

A variation of the previous design, I do believe this one works well. 

Photoshop mockup 4