Thursday 2 February 2017

Screen print run 7


The base layer is a semi transparent yellow filled shape and I've printed on the gold line design over the top of it. At first initial glance you may only notice the yellow circle but upon closer inspection, you will discover all the hidden detail.


I've tried to make the label look in proportion to a record so that the viewer can identify the object as a vinyl. I think I should have a consistency of having equal centers to make the separate discs look unified as a whole.

I've decided to made the center hole black because before the label was black and that made it look like the hole. When the hole is gold, it looks like it's the positive. This works way better.

Going to try if I can make the yellow look less green and try to come up with a solution for Platinum/Diamond record equivalent in colour.